Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
I love that... I love everything about December...
I love the weather.
I love the lights.
Decorating.
Hot drinks.
Parties.
And most of all the magic.

Ever since I was little holidays have always been a big deal in my family. My parents always went above and beyond and it honestly was a staple in my childhood. Now being a parent myself I totally understand why they worked so hard to make sure that we did all the fun, little, marvelous things that I still to this day remember. It is truly amazing to see my kids faces light up when they realize all the magic and wonder centered around the holidays.

Tonight we did lots of Christmas-y things...

I printed off the cutest holiday coloring pages and we made pictures for some of our favorite people...

Get your coloring pages here.

We also make sugar cookies, iced them, and added green sprinkles.

I made some, if I must say fabulous hot coco... and Lyric enjoyed drinking from a festive cup :)

We got into Christmas jammies and snuggled up on the couch to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I think I will always love the song, Where are you Christmas that Cindy-Lou-Who sings...

Perfect night with my littles... just wish Terry could have been home to have all the fun with us.

On another note...
Last night we introduced Lyric and Remedy to the newest member of our family, Fred the Elf. It was wonderful. We all sat down and opened our Elf on the Shelf box and read the book first... Such a wonderful idea and honestly Lyric was listening so intently and he understood the entire concept. Then it was time to name our little scout elf and Lyric had been thinking all day and Fred was the choice. Our first night/day with Fred has been wonderful... I can already see a difference in the behavior since he is watching and reporting to Santa... can I keep Fred year round?

If you haven't gotten your scout elf you still have time... Here you can find all the Elf Adoption Centers near you!

We also got email videos from Santa! Lyric and Remedy were thrilled... they were personalized and Santa gave them an update on what they needed to work on so as to stay on the nice list... Such a wonderful experience. If you want a video emailed from Santa and his elves, take five minutes and do it here.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas... and I love it. I am so excited to see what Fred has coming up for the Scott household!

No comments:

Post a Comment