I saw a pin on ‘Pinterest’ today about the things a mother should teach her son. I loved the post so much I almost started to cry… So yes, while in my super sappy mood I am going to make a list of a few things that I want to make sure Lyric knows. J
1. You are one of the most perfect things I have ever accomplished.
2. Being a big brother is not a chore, but a luxury.
Right now you are still young enough that you love playing with your sister. You still get excited when you share your snacks and toys with her. Unfortunately there will come a day when you don’t feel that way. She will seem like a pest and it will feel like the times that she wants your attention are the exact times that you want no part of helping your little sister. Just remember you are her hero, her protector, her mentor, and her first friend. I remember the first night you saw her at the hospital and you asked me “Mommy, can we take Remedy home to live with us?” and when I said yes your face lit up and you blurted “I cannot wait to show her my dinosaurs!” It was such a perfect moment. Remember to always keep a part of your heart saved for her…
|Such a sweet big brother|
|Bringing your baby sister home from the hospital|
3. Your nose is NOT an appropriate place for the following items: crayons, beads, marbles, cheerios, pasta, peas, carrots, french fries, legos, q-tips, or your finger. Period. This I stole from another Mommy’s list but it fits at our house too!
4. Take the time to get to know people and accept them don’t try to change them.
5. Fall in love with as many things as you can.
I heard this on a movie and it is so true. Love is the most important thing in life and to have the best life you need to fall in love with as many things as you can imagine. Just love, and be loved in return.
|Mommy Loves You|
6. Always keep your head held high and keep going.
7. It’s ok to cry.
Men cry, women cry, kids cry. We all do it. Ask your dad!
|Daddy cried the first time he held you!|
8. You will always be my little man.
There will come a time in several years when you will be a teenager and hanging out with mom won’t be at the top of the list of things you want to do on Saturday night… I understand. Maybe we can reserve Tuesday nights J Several years after that you will be at the point where you will be making life decisions, like getting married. There is that saying that you have your son until he gets married… please show that there is no truth in that saying!
|Mommy and Daddy's wedding day|
|You were a week old|
9. Be clean.
I know that you will understand basic hygiene however clean is a huge thing in life. You want your space, clothes, and body to look presentable at all times. Now I am not asking for a tux everyday but clean and covered. And in my job I see all too often people looking for a career in sweatpants… Please be smart, dress the part.
10. You can always come to me. Always! No matter what and no matter where. My home is your home and you are my heart… I love you more than life itself Lyric.