Friday, January 25, 2013

Recruiter :)

I am one of the super fortunate people who loves their job. I have worked for Gold Mountain Communications for three years now and honestly I really couldn't imagine myself working anywhere else.
When I started here, it was more or less, to get out of retail, have a regular schedule, not work weekends and holidays, and make a great deal of money. All of these things pointed to telemarketing. Of course, I had never done this before... but for those who know me, I am not shy, I am pretty persuasive, and I am a positive thinker. So telemarketing was something I was determined to be great at.
I was on the phones doing vacation sales and verifying deals when I got my first promotion that jumped started what I can now call my career. In November of 2011 I was promoted to the receptionist in the front office. I love this job. Monday through Friday with no weekends and no holidays... and the people I work with are incredible. I love the daily tasks and responsibilities that come with my position and I love that I feel like this is the atmosphere and type of work I will be doing for the rest of my life. I feel like I have found my calling.
Things in the front office have been incredibly busy since September of last year. Our office manager has been in treatment for cancer, the second recruiter moved out of town, and so it has been for some time myself and the other recruiter making the day to day function. Needless to say we have been amazing... everyone in the call center has pulled together, taken deep breaths, been patient, and rocked 2012! Such a wonderful feeling to know that I have been a part of that. My main part in helping was taking on a lot of recruiter responsibilities along with doing my job. I knew that someone would have to help because the other recruiter would be taking on her job, the job of the second recruiter, and backing up the office manager when needed. Great news... my stepping up paid off in an amazing way!
Tuesday of last week I was called into the Vice President's office. He and my boss (the office manager) thanked me for all my hard work and....
I GOT PROMOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am now a recruiter for Gold Mountain Communications. I am beyond thrilled, excited, and proud of myself. I have worked incredibly hard and I have really wanted this job for a while. This is a huge step for my career and for my family.
There is still a few little steps before recruiting will be my sole responsibility (being that we need a new receptionist) but I am so ready.
To celebrate, Jordan took me out on Saturday night and we got our nails and toes done and I made another bold move. I took off my acrylic nails and got shellac! I love it! I am a nail biter and so to have my actual nails, long, strong, and adorable is a huge accomplishment. I can also report that I still have no bitten any of them! Go me!
After our nails, we went to Big Whiskeys for dinner and then we were going to go dancing but we both got sick. We are sure we ate some bad chicken...  :( Put a small damper on the night but at least now we have an excuse to go dancing soon!!!!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, incredible friends, and a fantastic job! Can't wait to see what all 2013 holds for the Scott family!

No comments:

Post a Comment