Friday, August 10, 2012

The day before you...

"Now you're here and everything's changing
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I will never have to go back to
The day before you..."
-Rascal Flatts "The Day Before You"

This was the song that my husband and I shared our first married dance to. I love it. I love the meaning, the depth, the vulnerability, and the way it makes my heart hurt good. It fits into so many parts of my life with some of the most special people I have ever met. Today its making me tremble thinking about this day almost four years ago, the day before I became a Mommy. 

I remember the day before I had Lyric. I woke up August 10th knowing that I would be spending the day relaxing and laughing with family while making sure all of our bags were hospital and baby ready. I had requested that for dinner we all eat Big Mac's because once I checked into the hospital and they started the induction process, I would be eating nothing until my first meal with my son. All day I was quite... just thinking. Thinking about what was to come. Would I be in labor for a long time? Would it be as painful as I anticipated? Would the epidural work? What would Terry be like in delivery? What will my son's first cry sound like? All day I just thought.

Our family...



Today... knowing that tomorrow, my baby, my 7lb 9oz little bundle, will be a four year old little boy. These have been the best four years of my life. Today just like four years ago, I am thinking. And all I can think about is how blessed I am to never have to go back to the day before Lyric.  

No comments:

Post a Comment